The University of Minnesota Alumni Association (UMAA) features two alumni societies affiliated with College of Liberal Arts:
- the College of Liberal Arts Alumni Society
- the School of Journalism and Mass Communication (SJMC) Alumni Society
As a member of either group, you not only receive the many benefits of UMAA membership, you also serve as an ambassador for the U of M, CLA, and/or the SJMC. CLA's alumni societies offer many ways for you to connect with other alumni, get involved, and even just have fun!
CLA Alumni Society Activities
- CLA Alumni Society Board of Directors—Whether as a member of the board or one of its committees, you can create events and programs for students, faculty, staff, friends, and alumni of CLA. We are looking for CLA alumni like you to serve as members of the board!
- Mentoring Opportunities—Connect with liberal arts undergraduate students to aid them in their professional development and career readiness.
- Support the Access Minnesota public affairs radio program featuring interviews with noted CLA and University of Minnesota faculty and officials, authors, politicians, and business leaders about state, national, and global issues affecting Minnesotans.
- Plan and attend social events such as wine-tastings, CLA arts and culture events, annual Homecoming festivities, and more
SJMC Alumni Society Activities
- SJMC Alumni Society Board of Directors—Whether as a member of the board or one of its committees, you can create events and programs for students, faculty, staff, friends, and alumni of SJMC.
- SJMC Mentor Program—Connect with SJMC juniors and seniors to provide one-to-one assistance in their professional development and career readiness.
- Help select a distinguished alumnus for the annual Award for Excellence.
For more information about any CLA Alumni Society and School of Journalism and Mass Communication Alumni Society programs and volunteer opportunities, contact Erica Giorgi at 612-625-8837 or email@example.com.